It’s beginning to get hot in the sewing room, which means I need to turn on the air conditioning. I’m pretty stingy with the air, since we live in a fairly moderate climate, but I can’t let that keep me from my sewing, so the air must go on.
I just finished the second version of A New Dimension. Just to spark your memory, here is the envelope cover:
Here is my version:
I made the longer version this time – the one with the cute collar. This collar is made by fusing the interfacing in three sections with space between so that you can fold and iron the collar as shown on the envelope cover. I did it that way, but then I decided I like the collar unfolded A LOT, so I left it that way. In the future, if I want to change the collar, I can easily do that.
I used the extra small sizing, and there is still plenty of ease in the final jacket. I made no other alterations except to shorten the length.
I cut a bunch of inches off the length (can’t remember right now, but I’m going to say something like seven). Because I cut off so much, I made sure I did that at the lengthen/shorten line. I was still worried about losing the proportions, but I don’t think I did. I generally don’t look good in a long jacket style, and my intention was to make this a “big shirt” type of jacket. I think it turned out to have a “swing jacket” vibe.
I used a stretch cotton bottom weight that I got from Marcy Tilton. It will be a nice layering piece for summer evenings, spring, and fall. I didn’t put in the pockets, since I’m not much of a pocket girl.
I liked both versions of this pattern, and will probably make it again (especially the last version). A plus is that THE DONALD (DH) likes it. : )